is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
The Seventh Global Waste Management Symposium (GWMS) will serve as a forum for the presentation of applied and fundamental research, case studies, and policy analysis on solid waste and materials management. We invite the community of researchers, engineers, designers, academicians, students, facility owners and operators, regulators, and policymakers to participate. The GWMS will be held in a setting where all participants can share ideas and will include oral and poster presentations as well as social events to provide opportunities for technical interaction and discussion.
We invite abstracts in all areas related to solid waste engineering and management, including, but not limited to:
• Waste minimization and reuse
• Waste management planning
• Landfill operation and design
• Organics diversion/composting/anaerobic digestion
• Elevated temperatures/Subsurface reactions in landfills
• Global climate change and greenhouse gas emissions
• Life cycle assessment
• Sustainable materials management
• Waste containment and geosynthetics
• Odor emissions and management
• Leachate treatment and management
• PFAS and other emerging contaminants
• Recycling and material markets
• Landfill gas production, collection, emissions, modeling, and treatment
• Waste-to-energy/Thermal Conversion
• Waste collection, transport, and safety
• Waste characterization
• Management of aqueous and special wastes of broad interest
• Wastes from energy production (e.g. coal ash)
An abstract template is available for download here. This template must be used. The abstract should provide sufficient detail to show that the submission contains significant results of a case study, applied or fundamental research, or policy/regulatory/economic analysis. Inclusion of tables or figures that summarize selected results is encouraged. Abstract length is limited to two pages of single spaced text, excluding tables and figures.
Abstracts describing plans for future work or that sell a product or service will not be accepted.
An example of an acceptable abstract is available here. Final decisions regarding presentations will be made by the symposium technical committee.
Notification to authors regarding whether or not the abstract is accepted will be provided by August 30, 2019.